Facemelt Lazor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for our LoL team + whoever wants to lurk here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE

Go down 
+3
Cheshirejack
PonyBoy
FlamingoSmuggler
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FlamingoSmuggler
Admin
FlamingoSmuggler

Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE Empty
PostSubject: Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE   Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:13 am

For those of you who didn't know, Riot has been toying with the idea of removing flash for the past couple months. Lets face it: flash is probably the most powerful summoner in the game.

First let me say this: At dreamhack, Flash was picked 111 out of 120 times on champions. Assuming my calculation skills didn't fail me, thats somewhere between 90~93% pick rate for flash.

So what makes flash so controversial? Well for one thing, it slows the pace of the game: you can have a perfectly positioned, perfectly timed, literally PERFECT gank and it will still fail because someone pressed F to get away. In addition, some champions such as Alistar and Janna, are dependent on flash to land certain skills that are essential to their kit.

From what i've seen, removing flash would do one of two things: The first is force more cautious play, and this would hurt a lot of junglers who don't gank well on their own pre 6(Amumu, Warwick, Jarvan) who usually flash in to land a kill. This in turn makes other junglers with built in gap closers(Shaco, Xin Zhao, trundle, etc.) a lot stronger for Pre 6 ganks. However, the removal of flash could also result in earlier first bloods, and in higher ELO play the game is a 20 minute farm fest. Removing flash could possibly speed up the process of the game as well.

What are your thoughts on this? Should flash be removed? Why or why not? Do you think this will knock certain champions in and out of viability?
Back to top Go down
https://loltsp.forumotion.com
PonyBoy

PonyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE   Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:18 am

I don't think Riot would take out flash unless they really wanted to scramble the metagame around. If it really comes to the point that EVERYONE needs flash to be able to compete with others, I would agree with taking it out. The game shouldn't revolve around a single skill. I would honestly say that Flash should be taken out if people become too dependent on it, and it would be interesting to see how things are shaken up.

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNf9rEPoc8Q
Back to top Go down
Cheshirejack

Cheshirejack

PostSubject: Re: Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE   Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:58 pm

I agree with rory. But they might do what they did to the creep upgrading spell so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Und34dB4by

Und34dB4by

PostSubject: Re: Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE   Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Removing Flash would destroy the metagame and make all champions with gap closers overpowered. Mages and AD Carries will stop being viable.

Edit: What should happen is they should tweak it, and make other options that are just as viable. Flash (and Banshee's) Do their job too well and there need to be alternatives.
Back to top Go down
thre3con

thre3con

PostSubject: Re: Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE   Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Und34dB4by wrote:
Removing Flash would destroy the metagame and make all champions with gap closers overpowered. Mages and AD Carries will stop being viable.

Edit: What should happen is they should tweak it, and make other options that are just as viable. Flash (and Banshee's) Do their job too well and there need to be alternatives.
this.
Back to top Go down
Tidebreaker

Tidebreaker

PostSubject: Re: Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE   Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:19 am

... i'm in favor for removing flash because heroes that have a gap closer as their skill would actually become useful. Flash carries out the game too long imo. One reason i don't like LoL is because the games take forever they either need to remove flash or make deaths lose gold.
Back to top Go down
A shadowy figure

A shadowy figure

PostSubject: Re: Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE   Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:21 am

Tidebreaker wrote:
... i'm in favor for removing flash because heroes that have a gap closer as their skill would actually become useful. Flash carries out the game too long imo. One reason i don't like LoL is because the games take forever they either need to remove flash or make deaths lose gold.

Champions with gap closers are already very very useful. Gap closers are essentially offensive flashes. If flash were removed, champions with gap closers would actually become even more OP.

If flash were removed, the laning phase would become a complete turtlefest with the laners on both teams fearing ganks from junglers that they cant just flash out of. That would lead to some really boring games of sit back and turtle/farm because its too risky to be in the middle of the lane.
Back to top Go down
FlamingoSmuggler
Admin
FlamingoSmuggler

PostSubject: Re: Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE   Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:47 pm

A shadowy figure wrote:
Tidebreaker wrote:

Champions with gap closers are already very very useful. Gap closers are essentially offensive flashes. If flash were removed, champions with gap closers would actually become even more OP.

If flash were removed, the laning phase would become a complete turtlefest with the laners on both teams fearing ganks from junglers that they cant just flash out of. That would lead to some really boring games of sit back and turtle/farm because its too risky to be in the middle of the lane.
I feel like i should mention riots current goal of the game is to make matches shorter and less of a 30 minute farm fest.
Back to top Go down
https://loltsp.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE   Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE Empty

Back to top Go down

Riot is considering removing/nerfing flash. This is HUGE
Page 1 of 1